Another in the ‘Ghost’ series, Amber Ghost has foliage that emerges bright red which then fades to pinkish amber, then matures to golden green with strong veining. The fall colors are golden-orange. Grows to 8′ in 10 years. Best with midday shade. A Great Plant Picks.
Japanese Maple Notes
- Acer palmatum, Acer shirasawanum, and Acer japonicum are all considered Japanese Maples
- Japanese Maples require well drained soil with even moisture
- Japanese Maples thrive in partial shade in most areas where they are hardy. In cool summer climates like the Pacific Northwest, most can be grown in full sun
- In climates with hot summers, most Japanese Maples will require some shade to thrive
- Sizes given in descriptions are average sizes of a 10-15 year old tree, in average conditions. Our experience with growing Japanese Maples is in the cool maritime climate of the Pacific Northwest; they may grow differently in your climate.
- Japanese Maples are pick up only- we do not ship them.