Are you interested in learning about the grafting process? Want custom fruit tree propagation? Then come to our Grafting & Summer Chip Budding Seminar on Saturday, August 6th from 10am – 2pm.
We’ll have professionals to graft what you want to take home with you, pending availability. You’ll be able to learn all about the grafting process and the many options for summer and dormant grafting at home. Staff will lead a farm tour, so you can learn about different and unique varieties of tree fruit, explore our greenhouse, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. We will have rootstock and scion wood available for sale, or you can bring your own scion wood for our team to graft. Rootstock will be $5 each, and scion wood $2 each (cash is preferred for rootstock and scion wood purchases).
Learn more about Summer Chip Budding here.
10:00-1:00: Demo Table/Tent Open for Purchase & Browsing
* Budding Demo Table
* Tent open for purchase
* Browsing of scion and rootstock availability and where to get custom budded trees.
* Rootstocks $5 ea, scions are $2. Feel free to bring your own wood of a varietal you want to propagate! (Cash is preferred.)
* Rootstocks are also available for pre-purchase, dwarf apple, semi-dwarf apple, peach/japanese plum, and pear
* Plant physiology and terms
* Tools and materials
* How to collect scion wood
* Summer budding vs. Winter grafting options and considerations
* Growing on care and maintenance.
Time to visit and browse demo tables or start a self-guided farm tour
12:30-2:00: Farm Tour
Walk the farm with Staff to visit Nursery greenhouses, orchards, vineyards and other notable fruits in production.