Medium-large, yellow-green berries ripen mid Summer. Fewer thorns than many gooseberries, on a spreading plant, to 3′ tall, 4′ wide. Mildew resistant.
Currant and Gooseberry Notes
- We ship 1 gl. size plants February through mid-April; 1 gl and larger plants are available for pick up February through mid-November
- Full sun to partial shade
- Grow 4-6′ high, space 4-6′
- Ornamental shrubs easily trained as espalier or standard
- Excellent fruit for fresh eating, jams and cooking
- Ripen in July
- Read about Growing Gooseberries and Currants
- State laws prohibit shipping Currants or Gooseberries to Delaware, Maine, N. Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Vermont or West Virginia. Black Currants cannot be sent to any of the states above, plus Massachusetts, Montana, Ohio and Rhode Island.
Hardy to Zone 4
Shipping InformationThe Nursery at Cloud Mountain Farm Center is primarily a nursery for local and regional walk-in customers. We do have a limited shipping season for out of the area customers.
We ship plants from mid-February to late April to all states within the U.S., as weather and state agricultural restrictions permit. Because we are unable to guarantee the success and health of your plant outside of the U.S., we do not currently ship to other countries.
Since we do not use cold storage, some plants only ship best at certain times or are only available for local pick-up. If you are in the Midwest, East Coast, or Alaska, we may not be able to ship dormant plants if we are concerned about the quality of your plants upon arrival.
We only ship orders once a week, with packages leaving our local post office on Tuesdays. We will communicate your scheduled shipping date in your order confirmation. This allows us proper time to package your order carefully and account for any sudden weather changes.
We ship by USPS Priority Mail to help ensure your plants arrive quickly and in good health. All shipping costs are calculated based on USPS shipping zones. To learn more about your shipping zone, visit the USPS website.