Ginger Pear Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root ( minced)
- 1 onion ( chopped)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pears (peeled and sliced)
Steps to Make It
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge each in flour.
- In a heavy skillet, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- When foamy, add chicken. Brown on both sides but do not cook through; cook about 5 minutes total. Set chicken aside.
- Increase heat under the pan to medium-high. Add ginger root and onion to drippings remaining in skillet. Cook and stir until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet along with pear slices; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 6 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over couscous or hot cooked rice.
Recipe adapted from the spruce eats