Hardy Kiwi Focaccia
- 1 package of store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1/8 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp (separated)
- 1 tbsp all purpose
- ¼ of one orange, zested and juiced
- 1 pint hardy kiwis, cut into halves or quarters (125 g)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 oz (70g) Goat cheese (half of a small package), crumbled
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar, optional
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed
- Let pizza dough rest for about 30 minutes in a small bowl. Drizzle with 1/8 cup oil so it doesn’t stick.
- Use 1 tbsp oil to cover a baking sheet.
- Place the dough in the middle of the sheet and massage the dough to extend it to fit the shape.
- Gently pull the dough to stretch it to extend just beyond the size of the pan.
- Sprinkle flour under the edges to hold the dough in place.
- Using a pastry brush, evenly distribute the orange juice and zest.
- Spread the cut kiwi berries evenly over the pizza dough. Then add the pecans, goat cheese, rosemary, salt and sugar.
- Lightly drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Then bake in 400°F oven for about 25 minutes until the bread is lightly golden.
Recipe adapted from Nergi